Introduction to Short-term TrainingCourses at Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine
I．General Introduction of Guangzhou University of ChineseMedicine
Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine (GUCM)，established in 1956, is one of the four oldest Chinese Medicine (CM) institutesof higher education in China and a key CM university supervised by StateAdministration of Traditional Chinese Medicine of the People’s Republic ofChina and People’s Government of Guangdong Province. The current name is designatedin 1995 and it is one of the first group of universities to confer Master’s anddoctoral degrees. The university consists of the Sanyuanli campus and theUniversity Town campus covering 1,377 mu（918，000sq.m. in total）. GUCM has rich teaching resources and strongresearch ability and enjoys great fame and reputation in CM field home andabroad.
With years of striving, GUCM has steadilyaccumulated rich traditional Chinese culture, comprehensive study in ChineseMedicine, as well as in-depth and extensive research on Western culture andModern Medicine, since the development of Chinese Medicine not only demands themutual learning between Oriental and Western cultures and Chinese and WesternMedicine, but also the combination of science and humanities, ancient andmodern cultures. Over the past fifty years’ sustained efforts, GuangzhouUniversity of Chinese Medicine has become a modern comprehensive CM higher educationinstitute of research type consisting of 14 colleges andoffering 16 undergraduate specialties including medicine,engineering, administration, economics, science, arts and education. In August2007, Chinese Medicine Science is designated national first-level key subjectand 13 second-level subjects including Chinese Medicine Clinical Foundation,Chinese Medicine Internal Medicine, Chinese Medicine Orthopedics andTraumatology, Chinese Medicine Gynecology and Chinese Medicine FundamentalTheories are also included as national key subjects which realize thesignificant breakthrough in national key subject development. GUCM has 7National Administration of Chinese Medicine key subjects,4 Guangdong Province prominent subjects (Chinese MedicineScience, Chinese Materia Medica Science, Acupuncture and Tuina Massage,Pharmaceutical Engineering), 19 doctoral programs, 24 master programs and 3post-doctoral stations. The doctoral and Master’s programs cover all thefirst-level subjects of Chinese Medicine Science, Chinese Materia Medica Scienceand Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine. There are more than 18,000on-campus students.
Facing the rapidly developing science and technology,GUCM inherits the outstanding historical heritage, maintains the unique featureand charm of South of Five Ridges, keeps up with the frontier science, improvethe strict academic disciplines and ensure the academic and educational famehome and abroad. Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine is the dreamuniversity for students wishing to pursue their brilliant career in ChineseMedicine. The university now has more than 18,000 students including over 2,400postgraduate students and over 12,000 undergraduates and junior college students.
Each campus has a branch of the universitylibrary, the area in use being 32,000 square meters. The total volume reaches960,000 and there are more than 60 database products. It enjoys the richest andmost complete Chinese Medicine literary resources in Guangdong. The digitalresources are most advanced among national universities of Chinese Medicine.
In more than 30 years, GUCM offers foreigneducation through various channels and in various forms and has obtainedfavorable social and economic benefits. Till December 2008, GUCM has offered419 sessions of short-term Chinese Medicine education training courses. Morethan 6,000 people from over 50 countries and regions attended these courses. Atpresent, GUCM has established cooperative relationship with more than 50countries and regions and signed collaboration agreements with several foreignuniversities.
II. Introductionof Courses
Length of Training
1 week – 5 months
Basic Theory and Clinic of Chinese Medicine, Clinical Internship in different departments
English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean
Chinese Materia Medica
Basic Theory of Chinese Materia Medica, Clinical Application of Chinese Materia Medica, Pharmacology of Chinese Medicine, Processing Methods of Chinese Materia Medica, Identification and Authentification of Chinese Medicinal Herbs
Acupuncture and Moxibustion
Basic Theory of Chinese Medicine, Meridians and Collaterals, Acupoints, Techniques of Needling and Moxibustion, Acupuncture Therapeutics, Clinical Practice in Acupuncture
Clinical Topic Lectures onAcupuncture and Moxibustion
1 week-1 month
1.Three-Needle Therapy：“Three-Needle Therapy” and its clinical application were originally created by Prof. Jin Rui. Main Content: commonly used prescription of Three-Needle Therapy; therapy of Three-Needle in the treatment of mental retardation, cerebral palsy, ADHD(Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ), Apoplexy, cervical spondylosis, low back pain, etc.
2.Bee Venom Acupuncture Therapy：Therapeutic theory and clinical application of Bee Venom Acupuncture. Main Content: the basic theory of Bee Venom Acupuncture Therapy and its treatment of rheumarthritis,chronic inflammatory arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, allergic rhinitis, etc.
3.Catgut-embedding Therapy：Therapeutic theory and clinical application of Catgut-embedding Therapy. Main Content：the basic theory of Catgut-embedding Therapy, common methods of Catgut-embedding Therapy, indication and contraindication of Catgut-embedding Therapy, application of Catgut-embedding Therapy in epilepsy, reducing weight, asthma, chronic gastritis, climacteric syndrome.
4.Cosmetology of Acupuncture and Moxibustion：therapeutic principles and practicable manipulations of acupuncture, moxibustion, warm-moxibustion, electroacupuncture, Plum-blossom Needle, auricular-plaster, catgut-embedding and cupping therapy given in treating corpulency, chloasma, acne, sub health, irregular menstruation, constipation, etc.
5. Acupoint Application Therapy：Therapeutic theory and clinical application of Acupoint Application Therapy. Main Content: basic theory of Acupoint Application Therapy, character of acupoint selection and drug usage, application of Acupoint Application Therapy in asthma, allergic rhinitis, constipation, menalgia, hysteromyoma.
6.Flying-Needle Therapy：Therapeutic theory and clinical application of Flying-Needle Therapy. Main Content: basic theory and manual technique of Flying-Needle Therapy, application of Flying-Needle Therapy in ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) in children, cerebral palsy, pelade, and insomnia.
Training Course of Special Topics
Special diseases (depression, apoplexy, hypertension, adiposity, infertility, climacteric syndrome, osteoporosis, diabetes, rheumatism, rheumatoid disease, etc.)
Topic Lectures Course
Clinical experience from famous experts of Chinese Medicine, Chinese Diagnostics, Basic Theory of Chinese Medicine, Chinese Materia Medica, Internal Medicine of Chinese Medicine, Surgery of Chinese Medicine, Dermatology of Chinese Medicine, Gynecology of Chinese Medicine, Pediatrics of Chinese Medicine, Otolaryngology of Chinese Medicine, Orthopedics of Chinese Medicine,Yellow Emperor's Internal Classic,Treatise on Cold-induced Febrile Diseases,Detailed Analysis of Epidemic Febrile Diseases,Synopsis of Prescription of the Golden Chamber, Tendon-changing Classic, Taiji, Taiji Swordplay, nanquan, and many kinds of wushu routines.
English, Japanese, Korean
Orthopedics of Chinese Medicine
1 week-5 months
Basic Theory of Chinese Medicine, Basic Theory of Traditional Chinese Orthopedics, Theory of Bone-setting, Theory of Soft Tissue Injury, Clinical Practice
Chinese Medicated Diet
Basic Theory of Chinese Medicine,Brief Introduction on Health Preservation of Chinese Medicine, Brief Theory of Chinese Materia Medica, Dietetic Chinese Materia Medica, Theory and Processing of Medicated Diet.
Cosmetology and Reducing Weight by CM
Basic Theory of Chinese Medicine, Basic Theory of Dermatology of Chinese Medicine and Western Medicine, Theory and Manual Techniques of Cosmetology and Reducing Weight by Chinese Medicine.
Basic Theory of Chinese Medicine, Theory and Manual Techniques of Tuina Massage, clinical practice
Theory and practice of Chinese MedicinalQigong
Topographic Anatomy, Systematic Anatomy, Sectional Anatomy
Clinical Advanced Training Course
According to learners’ requirements
Practice of clinical subjects of Chinese Medicine, Clinical Topic Lectures on Chinese Medicine, Selections of Chinese Medical Classics, etc.
Notes：1.Flexible Advanced TrainingCourses mentioned abovecan befreely chosen and combined according to your preference. The advisory servicesof Training-course Design are available provided by International College ofGuangzhou University of Chinese Medicine for free.
2. Besides all the courses above mentioned,delegations, groups or individual learners may inquire for other trainingprograms to the International College.
III. Fee（In RMB）
1. Tuition for Short-term Training Programs
Programs Taught in Chinese
Programs Taught in Foreign Languages
Clinical Practice Taught in Chinese
Clinical Practice Taught in Foreign Languages
8,200 Yuan /Month
9,700 Yuan /Month
7,200 Yuan /Month
8,700 Yuan /Month
7,600 Yuan /Month
9,000 Yuan /Month
6,200 Yuan /Month
5,700 Yuan /Month
7,000 Yuan /Month
5,400 Yuan /Month
6,700 Yuan /Month
Clinical practice with South China famous doctor
*Notice: The fees listed in the form are just the referenceprice for teams of 6 people or more. For those that are less than 6 people,please refer to “Programs Taught in Chinese” and “Clinical Practice Taught in Chinese” part mentioned above and the interpretationfee will be added based on that. The interpretation fee is 400-500 RMB yuan /day / interpreter.
2. Other Fees
(1) International travel expenses, food, accommodation fee,local traffic and medical care fees in the period of study in the Guangzhou Universityof Chinese Medicine should be on the participants’ own account.
(2) Accommodation Fee（just for reference）
Standard Double-bed Room
Standard Single-bed Room
Double-bed Room in Foreign Students Building
*The room mentionedabove is just 5 minutes’ walk away from the internship hospital. If learnerschoose other hotels, the training center can make reservation for those whoprefer to live off-campus. The training center will not take care of theirtraffic and participants will have to get to the center and internship place bythemselves.
3. Food：Learners can have meals in Xinglin Canteen oncampus and it’s about RMB 80 Yuan for three meals per day per person.
After thecompletionof the training, learning certificates in Chinese and English will be issued.
V. Admission Requirements
It’s open to anyone whois interested in learning Chinese Medicine.
VI.Application Date and Location
Telephone and Fax
Two weeks before the expected learning time
* Those who apply for learning of more than 3 months need to apply for Student Visa (X Visa). Please contact us half a year before the expected learning time.
①Room 205, International College Building, Sanyuanli campus；
②Room 623, Administration Building, University Town campus
（University Town Campus）
（University Town campus）
VII. Required Documents for Application
1. Application Form (please ask for the Application Form bymail or download at http:// www1. gzhtcm. edu. cn/ bumen1/ gjxy0807/ pic/ digi/200852917520929. doc)
2. Copies of Passport or IdentificationCard and resume.
3. Training Category including programs, courses and lengthof training.
4. 3 recent photos sized40mm*55mm.
5.Informationon Depositing Application Fee:
VIII. Admission Procedures:
1. The students who are admitted by GUCM andwill learn for more than 3 months in GUCM will receive Admission Notice (orinvitation letter) and Visa Application Form (JW 202) from International Collegeof GUCM.
2. The students who are admitted by GUCM andwill learn for less than 3 months in GUCM will receive Admission Notice (orinvitation letter) from International College of GUCM.
3. Those learners admitted for more than 3months’ training programs in GUCM should take their passports, Admission Notices(or invitation letter), JW202 Forms, Foreigners’ Physical Examination Records,Blood Test Reports and go to the local China’s Embassy (Consulate) to apply forthe X Visa.
4. With Admission Notice or invitation letter, studentsshould go to the International College of GUCM to register and conductapplication procedures of residence permits in the stipulated time mentioned inthe Admission Notice or invitation letter.
1. Short-term Training Courses are only available with atleast 5 people (clinical training courses are not limited to this).
2. The exact beginning date of Short-term Training Courses dependson the actual situation.
3. Applicants can negotiate the beginning date with the InternationalTraining Office of International College of GUCM and should hand in therequired documents for application by fax or mail to the International TrainingOffice 2 months before the expected learning date.
4. All applicants are required to pay tuition and fees onthe date of entrance. No payments will be refunded to anyone who withdraw thecourses during learning.
5. Participants should follow the teaching arrangements andcomply with regulations of GUCM.
X. Ways to Contact
1. Address：InternationalTraining Office, International College, Guangzhou University of ChineseMedicine, No. 232 Wai Huan Dong Road, University Town, Panyu District,Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, People’s Republic of China
2. Contact：Zhao Yingri (Japanese and Korean)（Email：firstname.lastname@example.org；email@example.com）；ZhouJing (English)（Email：firstname.lastname@example.org；email@example.com）
3. Telephone：(8620) 39358475，36585504
4. Postal Code：510006
5. Chinese Website of International College of GUCM:http://www1.gzhtcm.edu.cn/bumen1/gjxy0807/index.asp
广州中医药大学 国际/港澳台教育 © 版权所有 2016
通讯地址：广东省广州市番禺区大学城外环东路232号广州中医药大学 邮编：510006 技术支持：广州中医药大学信息中心